Some of you may know, there are several nets each week on various Talk Groups:
- Sundays at 10 AM is the Maine Dirigo Net on Maine Statewide TG (3123)
- Sundays at 8 – 9 PM is the PRA (Providence Radio Assn.) Net on NETAC1 TG (8801)
- Mondays at 8 – 9 PM is the New England DMR Net on New England Wide TG (3181). Good discussion of Tech Topics and New England Amateur Radio Events.
- Mondays at 7:30-8 PM New England Digital Swap Net List your FOR SALE and WANTED TO BUY Items
- Tuesdays at 8 – 9 PM is the Vermont State DMR Net on VT SW TG (3150)
- Wednesdays at 8 – 9 PM is the YCCC Contesting and DX Net on NETAC1 TG (8801)
- Thursdays at 7:30 – 8 PM is the SKYWARN DMR Net on SKY TG (759). A discussion of weather events and reporting procedures.
- Thursdays 8 – 9 PM is the Office Hours Tech Net on NETAC1 TG (8801). Technical resources available for Q&A regarding general DMR, NEDECN, Hotspots and connectivity to digital networks.
SKYWARN – The National Weather Service at Gray, ME will periodically ask for SKYWARN Weather Observations, usually at the conclusion of a Storm Event. So, when the snow stops, or the radar screen clears, standby for their call for reports on SKYWARN (759) Talk Group. If during the weather event, any observers have a significant report, such as a funnel cloud, or trees down, please call in on SKYWARN TG 759. In the event of multiple weather activities by Gray, Norton, Burlington or Albany NWS offices, communications will shift to Statewide Talk Groups as appropriate (ME, NH, MA, RI, VT, etc.).
Net Script for Monday night New England Wide DMR Net
“Calling the New England DMR Net for Monday, [DATE]. This net meets weekly on the NEDECN New England Wide Talk Group, 3181, for the purpose of exchanging information about DMR radio products, repeater site additions or changes and other amateur topics of interest. Please check-in with your callsign phonetically, your name, your location and whether you have a Question or Announcement. Spread the calls out over 30 seconds. I will take 5 at a time and then acknowledge those. If you don’t hear your callsign acknowledged, try again.
Tonight we will start out with EMERGENCY TRAFFIC, followed by MOBILE STATIONS followed by the state of:
CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME, MARITIMES, NY, NJ, Anyone, Anywhere [mix up the order each week]
“Now listening for Emergency traffic….now listening for 5 mobile check-ins:
now from _[STATE]_”
Tentative 2023 Net Control Station schedule: